Vital Statistics and Population Estimates is a quarterly report on the total and resident population estimate based on vital events of birth and deaths plus net migration data derived from tourism migration data. It also reports on the various vital events such as births, deaths and marriages. Some basic demographic crude rates such as for birth, death and infants deaths including natural increase are also reported in this release.
Latest Release - 21 December, 2016 - September Quarter, 2016
- Vital Statistics and Population Estimates: September quarter 2016
- Vital Statistics and Population Estimates: September quarter 2016 - Tables
In the September 2016 quarter compared with the June 2016 quarter:
- Births decreased by 10.0 per cent with 29 births being males and 25 births were females.
- Deaths decreased by 8.3 per cent.
- Crude birth rates decreased by 4.6 and Crude deaths rates fell by 1.9
- Marriages increased by 28.1 per cent. 96 per cent were visitors and 4 per cent marriages were residents
From June year 2016 to June year 2015:
- Cook Islands Total population estimates made minimal increase of 4.3 per cent
- Resident population estimates fell by 11.5 per cent.