Working Group on Implementing the Official Development Assistance (ODA) Policy.
In order to develop an implementation plan for the ODA policy MFEM has formed a working group to reach out to organisations with interests in national development and capacity. This is important as the form of the plan will have implications for the structures and processes that frame development assistance in the Cook Islands. The members are expected to provide and assess options to inform the implementation plan.
The working group proposed are:
- Secretary of Education
- Secretary of Internal Affairs
- President of the Chamber of commerce
- Te Ipukarea Society, Jacqui Evans
- National Council of Women, Vaine Wichman
- Members from the Ministry of Finance and Prime Minister’s Office
Consultation during the development partners meeting January 2012 was also scheduled. The final plan will be provided to decision makers (Cabinet) with the National Sustainable Development Commission expected to make a recommendation in the first half of 2012.