Cook Islands Census of Population and Dwellings - 2011
The Census of Population and Dwellings is conducted every five years under the authority of the Statistics Act 1966. This is a five-yearly stock-take of the people of the Cook Islands and their housing, which the Cook Islands Statistics Office (CISO) normally undertakes.
Cook Islands Census of Population and Dwellings - 2006
Below are links to pages containing selected tables from the Census (2006) and Household Surveys (HES 2004) activities. If the information you are looking for is not presented in this website, please do not hesitate to contact the Statistics Office.
Note: All tables shown are in pdf. You will need Acrobat Reader to view them.
Selected Population tables from the 2006 Census of Population and Dwellings
- Total population and land area by island
- Resident Population by Sex, Census District and Ethnic Origin
- Resident Employed Population by Island, Sex and Principal Employer
- Occupied Dwellings by Island, Type of Dwelling and Number of Persons by Gender
- The full report for Census 2006 is available here
Household Expenditure Survey - 2004
Sample surveys on the other hand are conducted at irregular intervals due to high costs involved, thus securing funds for such activity is often difficult. The latest survey conducted by the CISO was the Household Expenditure in 2004.
Selected household income and expenditure survey tables
- Demographic characteristics
- Characteristics of private occupied dwellings
- Household Expenditure characteristics (PDF)